We have searched the web for the best real estate courses. We analyzed over 7459 real estate courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite real estate classes. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Real Estate Math Made Easy: Pass Your Licensing Exam
Have you been struggling in the real estate industry because of the math it requires? If the field interests you, this course will help you give a competitive edge. It prepares you for the exam that you need to give to become a licensed real estate agent. The process requires knowledge of maths to understand the value of land or property.
Your tutor, Peggy Yee is a licensed real estate agent in Virginia. She has done her bachelors course in General Engineering from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She has also completed her masters and PhD in civil engineering from Stanford University. She has experience in engineering, consulting and teaching which makes her the perfect guide for this course.
- Learn real world applications of fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Analyse who qualifies for loans and how to calculate commissions, interests and mortgages.
- Understand the legal description, area and volume of land.
- Discover the various methods of appraisals in real estate.
2. The Real Estate Development Modelling Master Class
Whether you are a real estate investor or are aspiring to become one, this course will help you either ways. Comprising of 136 lectures, it introduces you to the basics of real estate and polishes your mathematical and financial skills needed in the real estate field. This includes understanding the valuation of land and how to judge the capacity of the buyer for providing loans.
Justin Kivel, a real estate investment professional and your instructor for this course has more than 19,000 students. He has an experience of 10 years in the industry and passionately teaches you to work in this field. The course he offers is one of a kind – something he has learnt through experience and offers students and professionals to learn a lot more simply now.
- Introduce yourself to the basic and fundamental concepts of real estate.
- Study the expenses and revenues involved in investing for real estates.
- Learn to build-up your development model for a property.
- Understand monthly and annual cash flows involved in properties.
3. The Real Estate Pro Forma Modelling Master Class
Are you finding trouble in operating Excel sheets for real estate investments? If yes, this course will teach you from scratch on how to calculate the value of properties and make your investment decisions. Through an Excel workbook that you’ll get to create from scratch, you’ll learn all the fundamentals and details of real estate investment over 121 lectures.
This course is also developed by Justin Kivel who has been in the industry for 10 years. He too aspired to learn what he provides in this course directly but has worked hard to learn through experience. After gaining understanding and expertise, he has designed the course he was willing to take up only to make the journey easier for others.
- Introduce yourself to real estate pro forma modelling.
- Develop models on investments, expenses, revenues, debts and cash flows.
- Finalize your model after a thorough checking and clean-up.
- Take a brush-up towards the end to be ready for real-world application.
4. Real Estate Investing: Strategies, Tools & Investing Mindset
Do you wish to become a pro at real estate investment? Whether you are a beginner or already a professional, this course will boost your skills of real estate investments and help you gain confidence in this field. Through Excel spreadsheets and formulas, you’ll learn various tricks and calculations involved in valuation of properties and identifying the best deals.
The course is presented by Life Progression Project and Alex Kouramanis. While the former is an online education organization with over 170,000 students, Alex is a real estate investor from Toronto. He has done BA Honours with a Double Major in Cognitive Science and Philosophy. Apart from being a professional real estate investor, he is a passionate tutor teaching multiple subjects online.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concepts of real estate investments.
- Learn the maths applied in real estate investing.
- Understand how the market works and what is considered to be a good deal here.
- Discover the strategies involved in buying, holding, negotiating and leasing of properties.
5. The Advanced Real Estate Financial Modelling Bootcamp
Are you looking for a push in your career as a real estate investor? This simple course on real estate financial modelling equips you with advanced skills in understanding real estate investment through Microsoft Excel. However, it is an advanced course that needs you to have intermediate level knowledge in real estate financing as well as financial modelling.
This is another course presented by Justin Kevil, the other two being mentioned in point number 2, 3 and 6. This passionate online educator has designed several courses for learning real estate investment and working on financial models through Excel. His teachings are based on his struggles and experiences he has gained over several years.
- Start with the formulas and functions available in Excel.
- Move into analysing real estate deals from here.
- Study various models on revenues, expenses, cash flows, debts and equities in detail.
- Go through several case studies before you wrap up with an advanced skill set.
6. The Real Estate Financial Modelling Bootcamp
Are you looking forward to kickstarting your career in real estate financing? Whether you’re a fresher or already have some basic experience in the field, this course polishes your skills in developing real estate financial models. Using Excel spreadsheets, you can now learn to calculate and analyse various metrics.
This course too is designed by Justin Kevil. You may consider the course mentioned in point number 5 to be a successor of this course. In 120 lectures of 7+ hours, Kevil teaches you with knowledge on real estate investment models from scratch. He has designed all his courses including this one so flexibly that one with or without experience can equally understand and benefit from them.
- Introduce yourself to the financial models of real estate.
- Discover various hotkeys and shortcuts in Microsoft Excel applied in real estate models.
- Learn how to analyse data and scenarios along with data manipulation.
- Build a real estate financial model from scratch and prepare yourself for private equity modelling exam.
7. Pre-Investing: Essential Real Estate Investing Concepts
Are you willing to start your career in the field of real estate investment? This course is for absolute beginners and freshers with no knowledge in the field of real estate. All you need to know is how to operate Microsoft Excel 2013 as you will be learning through the software. It doesn’t matter where you belong, as the tools and tips provided here are applicable worldwide.
The course is designed and guided by Symon He who is a real estate and business consultant in LA. She consults real estate investors as well as other entrepreneurs guiding them with financial models. She has received dual degrees in Computer Engineering and Economics and is also an MBA from Stanford University. She is also the co-author of “Airbnb for Dummies” which is yet to release in May 2020.
- Introduce yourself to the basic concepts of the real estate industry.
- Study about the various methods of investing in real estates and real estate cycles.
- Learn how to value a property and analyse the market.
- Step into the concept of leverages and rental income properties.
8. Commercial Real Estate Investing 101
You don’t need to have a background or degree in real estate anymore if you wish to enter the field. This course has been designed for anybody interested in making money through real estate investments. All you probably need to know is how to use Microsoft Excel. Through the software, you’ll be introduced to all the fundamental concepts of real estate valuations and markets.
This course is also designed and guided by Justin Kevil, this four-and-a half hour course comprises of 103 lectures. Justin has received a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from more than 19,000 students. He has designed 19 courses, out of which 6 are mentioned in this list itself. This passionate educator has provided all the knowledge he has gained through years of struggle and experience.
- Introduce yourself to the different types of properties you can invest in.
- Step into the world of commercial real estates (CREs).
- Get into the details of leases, revenues, expenses, finance, taxes, loans, returns, reversion values and JV structures of CREs.
- Conclude with learning how to apply your knowledge practically in the real world.
9. Fundamentals of Analysing Real Estate Investments
It does not matter whether you’re a fresher or already a real estate investor. If you need help in analysing real estate properties for valuation and investments, this course starts from scratch and brushes up your existing skills if any in this field. Apart from residential, commercial and rental properties, this course additionally helps you analyse Airbnb properties.
This course is designed and guided by Symon He, who is also the instructor of the course mentioned in point number 7. She consults real estate investors, especially the first timers. She has additionally written “Airbnb for Dummies”, which will be published soon in May 2020. You might be able to relate to it since the course’s last 14 lectures of 3 and a half hours is only on Airbnb properties.
- Start with the importance of investment analysis.
- Build up your foundations on process of investment, real estate cycles, measuring returns and impact of debts on them.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of waterfall framework or investing with others.
- Go through various case studies on fix & flip, rental income properties, multifamily investments and commercial properties.
10. How to Get Started Real Estate Investing!
Another course on real estate investing for beginners, this course guides you into the process very smoothly. Over only 16 lectures of around 2 and a half hours, you’ll introduce yourself to the real estate market and analyse the best deals for yourself. By the end, you’ll be confident enough to make your first investment and a plan ahead.
Your tutor for this course is Dennis Fassett, who is the founder of Cash Flow Mercenary LLC. It is a real estate education and training company that offers consultation services to real estate investors. He also owns Great Lakes Investment Fund, which buys apartment buildings in Great Lakes, USA. To add to this, he has published a book on single family rental house investing with two more in line.
- Introduce yourself to real estate investment.
- Brief your skills on real estate wholesales.
- Learn to analyse properties and the best deals you can get out of them.
- Move on to gaining buyers by creating attractive offers.
11. The Real Estate Syndication Process
Do you wish to gain further knowledge in investing commercial properties? This course on real estate investment focuses on commercial properties, their valuation and analysing returns. You do need a basic background in real estates for this course. This simply specializes in the market of commercial real estates.
Again, this course is one of the 19 courses designed and instructed by Justin Kevil. This passionate tutor is a professional real estate agent who has put in all his experience into his courses. His course designs and teachings have helped several students shine in the real estate industry – either as employees or as businessmen.
- Introduce yourself to acquiring of commercial properties and their timelines.
- Learn about physical and financial due diligence.
- Move on to the concepts of raising equity and loans.
- Before wrapping up, gain knowledge on the sale of the acquired commercial properties.
12. Real Estate Investing: Learn to Fix & Flip, Step by Step!
Do you wish to learn the art of “fix and flip” in real estates investments? The entire concept along with other fundamentals on real estate investment are covered in only 64 lectures of 2 and a half hours. You don’t need to have any background or experience in this field if you want to take p this course – it is for all types of beginners who are willing to work with other professionals.
Your instructor for this course is Khari Parker, who has BS/MS in engineering/IT. He has also done MBA in finance. He has been running a real estate company for 10 years now and passionately shares his experience through online education. He has also written a book titled “The Lost Curriculum: What School Didn’t Teach Us About Personal Finance” which is a best seller on Amazon.
- Introduce yourself with properties and their financing.
- Learn about fixing and selling of properties you acquire.
- Go through 5 bonus sections on completed properties.
- Gain access to discount codes for other courses you can avail in future.
- List published 02/05/2020 with 12 products.