We have searched the web for the Best Korean classes. We analyzed over 84 Korean classes found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite Korean courses. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. CORE KOREAN 1: Build up Korean Foundations through Practice
Learn to speak in Korean at a basic level in just 56 lectures. All you need to know is English, because this course teaches you translations from English to Korean. Since this course is communicative in nature, you may also need some privacy to speak aloud during classes.
There will be two native instructors who will teach you how to make expressions and form sentences in Korean. You will learn through screen casts, quizzes and practice. Since it is a beginner’s course, you will be learning only some basic, selected words.
- Learn to form sentences in Korean with 12 verbs, 37 adverbs, 5 nouns, 6 pronouns, 6 adjectives and 7 conjunctions.
- In each class, you’ll get a lecture, followed by some practice and a quiz.
- Follow a systematic method of practice to gain fluency.
- You can speak in Korean as fluently as English by the end of the course.
2. Kpops Korean – Learn Korean with G-Dragon’s Untitled
Have you ever heard Kpop Korean music? If you like listening to it, how about learning it a little? This is a musical method of learning Korean. You need not know Korean at all, as this course teaches you basic grammar along with Korean phonics and the song, G-Dragon’s Untitled.
Not only is this a fun way to learn a language, but you can additionally learn to sing in it. You’ll have a native Korean tutor who will help you with pronunciations, explain the meaning of the song and how you can remember it. By the end of this course, you can sing like a Korean and impress everyone around you!
- There will be 13 lectures on grammar, 13 on phonics and 13 practice sessions in total.
- You will learn one Kpop Korean song – G-Dragon’s Untitled, with the exact pronunciation and tune.
- Learn the meaning of the lyrics line by line while you simultaneously also learn Korean language.
- Polish both communication and verbal skills through this course.
3. [SongWon] Korean Grammar for Speaking 1
Korean Grammar for Speaking 1 is a well-known book that teaches you how to speak and write in Korean. Take classes from the author himself, Song Won. He is a native Korean instructor, who is also fluent in English and Japanese. He has written 5 books, this being one of them.
The book has 59 chapters and this course covers each and every one of them. You will learn how to read, write and speak with the exact pronunciation and fluency over 61 lectures. The course helps anyone who wishes to learn Korean, a little more than just basic communication.
- There will be 61 lectures followed by a practice session and a quiz for each.
- Learn to read and write the Korean alphabet, Hangul.
- Speak Korean like a native in just 6 months.
- Move a step ahead from the traditional text-book learning with the trainer and author of the book, Song Won.
4. Learn Korean! Start Speaking Korean Now!
Have you ever considered learning something new without using any books? If stress-free, fun learning is something you’re looking for, this is the perfect course for you. Learn how to speak Korean language just like a native, only with the help of sound and images.
The course does not teach any alphabets, but only polishes your verbal communication skills. The tutor, Jeremy Brinkerhoff has an experience of 9 years and has himself learnt Korean only through language exchange with Yeojin Shin, his tutor as well as the curriculum designer of this course.
- Learn Korean words, pronunciations and grammar through sound and images in 63 sessions.
- Empower your verbal communication skills in a new language.
- Discover a new method of learning a language without the use of blackboard, textbooks or notebooks.
- Perfect course for beginners who are fluent in English and want to learn to speak in Korean.
5. Learn Hangul: The ABCs of the Korean Language
If you’re serious about learning Korean and are looking for a beginner’s level course, then go for this one. Your tutor for this course will be Jay Tan, who is fluent in Korean, English and Mandarin. You will learn the Korean alphabet, Hangul with the exact pronunciation of every character.
So, apart from learning to speak like a native, you can also read and write like one. If you wish to go ahead in learning the language well, then starting from here will really help you out. This course is also very useful for businessmen who need to interact with Koreans, either verbally or in written form.
- Learn to read, pronounce and write vowels and consonants in just 9 lectures.
- Build-up a foundation for learning words, grammar and sentence construction.
- Gain the ability to read Korean smoothly.
- Enable yourself to talk to Koreans in their language both verbally as well as in written form.
6. Do not study Korean. Enjoy Kpop Korean, Bang Bang Bang.
You must have heard the famous track Gangnam Style. It’s a Korean Kpop and the song that is second most popular after this one is Bang Bang Bang. This song has more than 200,000,000 views on YouTube and this course will teach you how to sing it.
Not only that, you learn the meaning of each and every word of this song, thus learning some Korean in a sing-song way. So, through this one song, your tutor will teach you to speak and understand Korean. By the end of this course, you can talk and sing Bang Bang Bang like a Korean native.
- The entire song is broken up into 7 segments.
- In 25 videos, you will learn the entire song with the meaning line by line.
- The tutor, Kevin Kim is a Korean native and a K-pop teacher, who is also fluent in English.
- This course is fit for anybody interested in the language as well as K-pop.
7. CORE KOREAN 3: Advance to Intermediate Level
Know some Korean and want to move ahead further? Well, then you’re perfectly fit for this intermediate course. This is on level 3, so you need to clear level 1 and level 2 in order to catch up here. So, you need to have a vocabulary base and should be able to read the characters.
This course will help you get into the depth of the language. You have 2 Korean natives teaching you here – Daniel Lin and Sookie Jung. Both are fluent in English, thus helping you compare Korean language and characters with a language you are well-versed with.
- Polish your Korean language skills over a hundred classes.
- Your classes comprise of 17 lectures and 83 practice sessions, along with audio files.
- You will learn and practice over 1,300 expressions.
- Improve your reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar and communication skills by moving a step ahead.
8. TOPIK I – Complete Preparation Course
TOPIK stands for Test of Proficiency in Korean. This test has several levels to it and this course prepares you for the 1st and 2nd level. You need to know basic Korean before you go for TOPIK. The test is meant for people who want to learn Korean language in depth, on a serious level.
The instructor for this course is the founding editor of TOPIK Guide – Satish Chandra Satyarthi. He has an experience of over 7 years now in teaching as well as research. The test is very useful for those who aspire to study in Korea, obtain their scholarships or work in Korean companies.
- Over 73 classes, learn the entire structure of the paper.
- Starting from scratch, you will learn how to go about studying for the test.
- 1 mock paper will be provided to you by towards the end of the course.
- Upon receiving the certificate of completion, you will be ready to appear for the exam.
9. Not Today – BTS – Learn Korean with Kpop Korean
After Gangnam Style and Bang Bang Bang, the song Not Today is the 3rd most popular K-pop on YouTube with 50,000,000+ views. You don’t need to know Korean to join this course. All you need is interest in learning Korean through K-pop.
In a musical way, Kevin Kim, a native Korean K-pop tutor will teach you his mother tongue. He has been teaching English too for over 24 years. This will make it simpler for you to learn as he will be explaining the meaning of every word of the song by translating in English.
- Learn the entire song, not Today, word by word in 17 classes.
- The song is divided into 4 segments, which you will learn sentence by sentence.
- The lyrics of this song have 70 different words and 37 expressions for you to learn.
- Apart from speaking and singing, you’ll also understand a basic composition of Hangul (the Korean alphabet) and the syllable.
10. Learn Korean for Beginners: The Ultimate 100-Lesson Course
This is another course for beginners provided by Innovative Language Learning. They are well-established tutors for e-learning of languages. Their software tools, mobile apps and audiobooks are quite popular. Through multiple videoclips and tutors, get the hang of a new language in an interesting way.
In a series of 100 lessons, you will learn how to pronounce, speak, read and write in Korean as fluently as a native. This course takes you step by step through its video series to first understand the language and then its alphabet, Hangul. What is unique about the course is that it has a special listening guide for beginners too, helping to develop understanding of the language.
- Introduce yourself to Korean through short and interesting videos.
- Learn the ability to speak to a native, like a native.
- An excellent way to start Korean if you are interested in taking-up an intermediate course ahead.
- Extremely helpful for someone who wishes to work or study in Korea.
- List published 1/22/2020 with 10 products.