We have searched the web for the best elasticsearch classes . We analyzed over 151 elasticsearch courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite elasticsearch classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Elasticsearch 5.x Solutions: Getting Started
Do you wish to polish your skills in Elasticsearch? Even a basic theoretical knowledge in the field is sufficient if you wish to take up this course. Upon setting up the software, you’ll learn to deploy cloud topology and power it with plugins. In fact, you’ll be able to develop complex queries and feed data to Elasticsearch by the end of this course.
This course too is designed by the team of Packt Publishing (refer to point number 6). Your tutor is Alberto Paro, a freelance consultant on big data technologies and NoSQL solutions since 2013. Though he graduated in computer science in 2000, he has actually been programming using BASIC when he was only 8 years old!
- Introduce yourself to cluster, replication, data management and sharding.
- Set-up nodes and networking, install plugins and edit logging settings.
- Gain deeper insights of mapping, adding metadata and specifying analyzers.
- Move towards indexing, reindexing, deleting and updating documents.
2. Learning ElasticSearch 5.0
Designed for complete beginners, this course teaches you to analyze and manipulate data using Elasticsearch 5.0. Starting from understanding the practical usage of the software, learn how to add documents and indices, making advanced queries and using Logstash and Kibana to build-up Elastic Stack.
This course has been designed and guided by Packt Publishing. Ever since 2004 they have been teaching software development to several students online. Apart from Elasticsearch, they have been teaching courses on DevOps, programming languages and data analytics. They have around 4,000 books, more than 2,400 courses and more than 264,000 students.
- Install the software and understand the dichotomy of Elasticsearch.
- Gain insights into queries, databases and indices using REST and DSL.
- Learn about Elastic Stack and apache log analysis.
- Move into advanced queries and apache solr.
3. Complete Guide to Elasticsearch
Are you a professional software developer looking forward to boosting your skills? If yes, then this course is perfect for you. Starting from the basic theoretical concepts, create a useful search engine that can take complicated queries on Elasticsearch. All you need is prior knowledge of JSON and some basic terminal skills.
Your trainer for this course is Bo Andersen from Denmark. He has a bachelor’s degree in computer science and is skilled in PHP, Java, Python, Beats, AWS, Docker, Logstash, Kibana and of course, Elasticsearch. Apart from teaching online, he is a software developer as well as blogger in his field.
- Introduce yourself to Elasticsearch and learn to manage documents.
- Learn mapping, analysis and various queries for the search engine.
- Understand various aggregations and how to improve search results.
- Create your own custom web application search engine.
4. Elasticsearch 7 and the Elastic Stack – In Depth & Hands On!
Are you yet to add Elasticsearch to your technical skill set? If yes then starting from the beginners level, you’ll master Elasticsearch 7.0 by the end of this course. You might need basic knowledge in JSON and REST. Coming to the software, you’ll start from installation and move on to managing operations and analyzing data on Elasticsearch.
Your tutor for this course is Frank Kane, who’ll be teaching through his online institute Sundog Education. Frank is an ex-employee of IMDb and Amazon, where he gave 9 years developing technology. He established Sundog in 2012 and holds 17 patents in data computing, data mining and machine learning.
- Install Elasticsearch in your machine and get acquainted with the basics.
- Import data in your index and begin your search.
- Learn more about aggregation and how to use Kibana.
- Use Elastic Stack to analyze log data and SQL Support for performing operations.
5. Processing Events with Logstash (includes Filebeat)
Logstash is an event processing engine developed by the same company that created Elasticsearch. It is a portion of Elastic Stack and processes different types of events that can later be migrated to Elasticsearch, Slack or even your email. This course teaches you how to create events using Logstash, without you needing prior knowledge in the field.
This course too is designed and guided by Bo Anderson (refer to point number 2). Taking up both his courses mentioned on this list can give you a competitive edge. He has more than 44,000 students so far and has 4 courses. In this course, he teaches something that might assist you with Elasticsearch in only 5.5 hours.
- Introduce yourself to the fundamental concepts of Logstash.
- Build pipelines that’ll eventually create an event.
- Learn how to collect logs with Filebeat.
- Process these events using Logstash.
6. Apache Kafka Series – Kafka Connect Hands-on Learning
Are you a software developer looking for a kick in your career? If yes, then this detailed course on Kafka will help you really boost your skills, especially if you also work with Elasticsearch. The connection between the two is that what you create on the Apache Kafka Connector can be sinked into Elasticsearch after sourcing data from Twitter.
Stephane Maarek, your instructor for this course is an AWS certified solutions architect and software developer. He has 28 courses on both AWS and Apache Kafka. In fact, there was a Kafka Summit taking place in New York, San Francisco and London in 2019 for which he was a part of the organizing committee.
- Go through the key concepts of Kafka.
- Launch the Kafka connector and learn to troubleshoot it.
- Get hands-on training in Kafka Connect Source and Kafka Connect Sink.
- Gain advanced insights to write your own Kafka connector.
7. REST API Design, Management, Monitoring & Analytics
For all software architects, developers and managers who need a polishing in REST API, this course has been designed for you. Your basic knowledge in command prompt, JSON and terminal usage is enough. Starting from designing and management of API, master its analytics with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
Your tutor for this course is Timotius Pamungkas. He has more than 5 years of experience as a Java developer and is currently an engineering manager. Although his career initially started in the field of consumer finance, today he successfully trains even his own team members in software engineering and has 5 courses on the subject.
- Introduce yourself to REST API management and software architecture.
- Gain detailed knowledge on Kong services and plugins.
- Move on to API analytics and monitoring.
- Operate the API developer portal and secure Kong for production.
8. Complete Elasticsearch Masterclass with Logstash and Kibana
Are you a complete beginner and willing to learn how Elasticsearch works? If yes, then this course is designed for people without any background knowledge in coding or software development. Use Elasticsearch 6 to create a search engine that can take DSl queries, real time analytics and combine various filters.
- Introduce yourself to Elasticsearch 6.0 and set-up the software.
- Gain an understanding of document management and analyzers.
- Learn about index structures and querying on Elasticsearch.
- Work on projects using Logstash, Filebeat and Kibana.
9. Elasticsearch 6.0: Learn Elasticsearch, Kibana from Scratch
As a software engineer,have you ever wished to create your own search engine? If yes, then this is the right course for you. All you need is a little knowledge on JSON. Create your very own customized search engine on Elasticsearch 6.1, also learning to use Kibana in the process. This practical learning session lasts only 1 hour, 45 minutes but makes you a pro.
You’ll be trained by Sunil Kumar Gupta, a software developer and programmer since the last 8 years. He is extremely passionate about object oriented languages, data analytics and aspect oriented programming. An Oracle certified Java SE 6 programmer, he currently works for an IT company and simultaneously has been training students online.
- Set-up Elasticsearch and understand some of its key fundamentals.
- Introduce yourself to Kibana 6.1.1 and how it is used with Elasticsearch.
- Learn about various indexes and search queries in Elasticsearch.
- Update and delete documents as well as indices and gain more advanced insights.
10. Getting Started with Elasticsearch
Whether you are a professional or not, with a little knowledge in relational databases, you can become an Elasticsearch padawan through this course. Starting from installation of the software, head and plugins, you’ll be learning how to make, read, upgrade and remove operations in Elasticsearch.
You’ll be guided by Sezin Karli, a principal software engineer at sahibinden.com. After getting a masters degree in data mining from the Sabanci University, he has been working as an app developer for 10 years. Apart from Elasticsearch, he also uses Java, Spring Framework, Python and Groovy for his work.
- Install Elasticsearch and the related plugins.
- Introduce yourself to the key fundamentals and terminology.
- Learn how to run the software on the cloud.
- Create, update and delete data on the software.
- List published 02/29/2020 with 10 products.