We have searched the web for the best davinci resolve classes . We analyzed over 715 davinci resolve courses found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 12 favorite davinci resolve classes . At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. Phantom & Mavic Editing school – edit like a pro!
Are you willing to edit your videos at a professional level? This integrated course gives you options of using 2 software tools for the purpose – Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve. Starting from understanding the UI of the software, learn to edit your footage, add zooming,colour filters, mask & other similar features and a sound track to complete your video.
Since you have 2 software tools, you also have 2 instructors for this course – Laurence Seberini for Adobe Premiere Pro and Albert Diantus for DaVinci Resolve. While Laurence has been a professional aerial videographer since 2012, Albert has been a professional instructor for editing aerial videos and has been flying a Phantom 3 for quite a long time.
- Organize your media files in the software.
- Edit your video footage by cutting portions, accelerating its speed and adding clips.
- Add special effects to the picture quality of the video such as colour correction.
- Select a music or sound to add in the background and give your video a title.
2. Color Grading with DaVinci Resolve: Beginner to Advanced
Do you know what is the most efficient way of producing a high-quality video? It is using the DaVinci Resolve. This software comes for free and has amazing features to help you edit your video footage. Whether you are a filmmaker or work with commercial or YouTube videos, this course will make you a pro at HDR grading for videos.
Your tutor, Matthew Falconer has been working with DaVinci Resolve for the last 6 years. He works as a freelance colorist producing videos for the internet, cinema, songs, dramas and short projects. Apart from teaching passionately online, he also teaches video editing, visual effects and color grading in a film school in London.
- Learn how to use the tools in the software.
- Utilize XML for organizing your work.
- Discover the scope of the colour wheel in a video editing software.
- Work on practical projects to get the hang of it.
3. Complete Guide to DaVinci Resolve 15 Video Editing
Do you ever feel that your video isn’t as great as what you watch on YouTube? Well, all videos are uploaded on YouTube are edited on a professional level. A professional edit doesn’t imply hiring an editor or using expensive software. This course teaches how to use free software – DaVinci Resolve 15 for professional video editing.
You’ll be guided by Chris Navarre in this course. He has designed 18 different video courses only on various software. Having more than 31,000 students, he has gained popularity for his videos that he strongly believes are the best way to learn how to use any software. Apart from DaVinci resolve, he also teaches GIMP photo editing, coding games in C# and much more.
- Explore the tools and interface of DaVinci Resolve 15.
- Provide special effects to your video to improve picture quality.
- Create a timeline and add titles to your video.
- Discover features of the fusion, colour, fairlight and deliver tabs on the software.
4. Color Grading and Correction with DaVinci Resolve
You don’t have to be a professional video editor to create the best videos. All you need to know is how to use DaVinci Resolve, a free software for video editing. This course focuses more on colour correction of videos which is a major factor for improving its picture quality. Starting from navigation of the software, learn to use tools for colour grading.
The course has been designed by the team of GetFilming Film School. The tutors of this online institute are professionals working for the film industry, TV industry or commercial online videos. Some of them are Adrian Mead, Dave Miller, Evan Abrams and Rob Bessette who have experience working with HBO, ITV, BBC, Sky and AMC.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of colour grading and correction.
- Learn to organize your files in DaVinci Resolve to start with edits.
- Colour your footage and discover the controls of power windows.
- Gain advanced level insights of qualifiers, motion tracking and stabilization.
5. Learn to Color Grade and Edit video with DaVinci Resolve 15
DaVinci Resolve 15 provides professional quality video editing free of cost. For this course, you don’t need any prior experience in video editing or using this software. All you need is some disc space and a good RAM for storing 5.2 GB of practicing assets you’ll avail for free! You’ll be discovering how colour grading can change the entire picture quality of your video.
Your trainer for this course is Logan Bean. He is a professional video and filmmaker and currently the video director of Fresh Consulting. Specializing in camera operation, video editing, colour grading and adding special effects, he has worked with Dairy Queen, Whisper, United Way, American Express and Dish Network.
- Download the software and discover the various tools at your disposal.
- Create a timeline and start editing your clips by adding various effects.
- Gain detailed insights of colour grading and colour correction.
- Go through case studies and gain more practical experience.
6. Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 16: Beginner to Advanced
If you have Windows 10 installed in your PC or laptop with a screen resolution of at least 1080p, you can download the DaVinci Resolve 16. Without shedding an additional cost on your software, you can now create professional quality videos with titles, background music and sound effects and other special visual effects.
You’ll be guided by Louay Zambarakji, a professional video editor and a bestselling instructor with more than 212,000 students. He’s been working since 1985 and teaches After Effects, motion graphics, visual effects, video composition, video editing and colour correction. He began his journey using assembly languages and today does the same with simple software.
- Install the software and discover its various tools and features.
- Add clips to your timeline to begin with video editing.
- Using the colour wheel, learn how colour grading and correction is done.
- Provide text, fusion and animation effects to your video for a professional finish.
7. DaVinci Resolve: The Complete Video Editing Course
If you have a Windows 10 PC with at least 16 GB RAM, then you’ll be able to install DaVinci Resolve 15, a free but professional video editing software. Starting from setting-up the software, you’ll be combining several clips, assign titles, subtitles and a background score along with giving it an HD quality effect.
You have two instructors for this course – Phil Ebinar from Video School Online Inc and Kashif A. Phil graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Film and Television Production in 2011 and started Video School Online in 2012. On the other hand, Kashif has a masters degree in engineering and has been teaching in a university for 11 years now.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the software.
- Add audio, text and titles to your compiled video.
- Provide colour correction, green screen and other visual effects.
- Export your final video when it is ready to screen or publish.
8. Complete Color Grading & Color Correction in DaVinci Resolve
A simple video taken from your mobile phone can look professional. All you need is DaVinci Resolve 16 in your PC, provided you have Windows 10 and a RAM of at least 16 GB. This course teaches you from scratch how to use it, make colour corrections and add other effects to create an HD video.
Your tutor for this course is a post-graduate in engineering and has been teaching for 11 years. This is the second of 11 courses by Kashif on this list (refer to point 7). His forte lies in video editing, photo editing and motion graphics. Teaching is his passion, whether in a university or through online videos.
- Introduce yourself to the interface of the software.
- Learn about nodes, colour wheels and power windows.
- Move on to understand curves and qualifiers.
- Gain more insights on tracking, look-up tables, green screening and colour correction.
9. ACES In Davinci Resolve 16
The word ACES stands for Academy Color Encoding System, which is a feature created by the oscars organization for coding of colored images. This course is more than learning video editing on DaVinci Resolve 16 – apart from learning the software, you’ll be installing ACES in the software and enhance your video editing.
Your course is designed by Film Pro, a film producer, director and screenwriter with experience in 20 film projects. The owner is from the National Film & Television School in the UK. He also studied in London Film School and London Film Academy. After working across countries like the UK, France, Poland, Turkey and Holland, he now teaches online and has 16 courses already.
- Understand what ACES is and how it works.
- Set-up the feature in DaVinci Resolve 16 and use it.
- Learn about the concepts of IDT and LUTs in ACES.
- Export and deliver files completed using ACES.
10. DaVinci Resolve 14+: Complete Guide to Video Editing
We all look for free hacks online to create videos that can be uploaded on YouTube or a Facebook business page. While most online tools leave their watermark behind, DaVinci Resolve 14 comes free of cost and doesn’t need its name on your professional video. In this course, you’ll learn how to efficiently use its features to make your video the best.
This course is also provided by Chris Navarre (refer to point number 3). He has provided you with 45 lectures on how to use DaVinci Resolve 14. Within a total 5 and a half hours, you’ll be a pro at using this software as well as at making professional videos for commercial use or filmmaking. The best part is, you don’t need background knowledge for either of the two.
- Install the software in your machine and understand its interface.
- Compile your video clips and add transitions and titles to it.
- Add special effects, layer masks, VST audio plugins and colour corrections to your video.
- Once your video is ready to publish, export the file to MP4 or a similar format.
11. Complete Video Production: OBS Studio & DaVinci Resolve
In this course, you’ll be learning how to use DaVinci Resolve from scratch along with the Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). You’ll first learn how to use OBS for streaming as well as recording various videos and games. Using these videos, you’ll be making professional level edits on DaVinci Resolve so that it can be published or screened anywhere.
This course is also designed and guided by Chris Navarre. He has provided 74 lectures over 8 hours and 11 minutes to make you understand professional video editing from scratch. In this course, he has integrated the usage of 2 software tools for the purpose – OBS and DaVince Resolve, both being free to install and use but delivering professional videos.
- Introduce yourself to the Open Broadcaster Software and DaVinci Resolve.
- Add special effects, titles and background sound or music to videos.
- Learn to record and stream videos on OBS.
- Gain more insights into various OBS plugins and their usage.
12. Stop Motion Object Animation Using Davinci Resolve & Bandlab
You can edit any type of video on DaVinci Resolve. It doesn’t have to be something you recorded from your phone’s camera – it can also be a 100% animated video or film. This course specifically focuses upon creating an animated video using this free but professional software. Additionally, you will also learn to use Bandlab, a software for music creation.
Your tutor for this course is Phillip Dillow, who has been into marketing, recruitment, design and crafts for quite a long time. He has more than 49,000 students and 14 courses. This is a short course of 55 minutes where he has given only 11 lectures to make you a pro at stop motion object animation and teaches you 2 software tools.
- Start with understanding the concepts of stop motion object animation.
- Learn to use various tools on DaVinci Resolve for creating animated videos.
- Move on to using Bandlab from where you can obtain copyright free music.
- Utilize this music audio and complete your animation video.
- List published 03/07/2020 with 12 products.