We have searched the web for the Best Algebra classes. We analyzed over 260 Algebra classes found on popular education sites like Udemy and Coursera and rated them based on course instructors, number of reviews, ratings, and more. Below is a list of our top 10 favorite Korean courses. At the very bottom of the post you can check our revision history.
1. College Algebra with the Math Sorcerer
How good were you in algebra while you were in school? If you were good enough to pursue it in your higher studies, this course is extremely helpful to you. Since algebra is closely connected to many other fields of maths such as calculus, this course will help you improve in maths as a whole.
The Math Sorcerer has divided a very long course into 36 segments and 219 lectures. You need to sit with your notebook and pen to solve while the video is on. Just follow what’s going on and you’ll start gaining speed and expertise on the subject by the time you’ve finished half of the course.
- Learn how to solve linear, quadratic and rational equations.
- Solve word problems and inequalities.
- Learn everything about relations and functions, slopes, graphs, lines, circles and polynomials.
- Understand formulas related to time, distance and speed, compound interest and log tables.
2. Linear Algebra: 40+ hours of Tutorials and Exercises!
Do you wish to go ahead with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) courses in future? Linear algebra is the branch of mathematics that’s central to all the subjects. This course covers all details included in linear algebra. Whether you need polishing or need to clear your basics, this course is suitable for you either ways.
The course comprises of 50 sections divided into 517 lectures. Your tutor for this course, Amos Bahiri has a bachelorette and post graduate degree in mathematics. He has experience of teaching at Ohio State University. He’ll be teaching every concept of linear algebra from scratch, making it easy for anyone to understand – students with or without any background in algebra.
- Learn in detail how to solve linear equations and linear transformations.
- From scratch, learn everything about matrices and determinants.
- Learn everything about vectors, vector spaces and inner product spaces.
- Go deep into learning about Eigenvectors, diagonalization and Markov chains.
3. Beginning Algebra: Building a Foundation
Having trouble with maths in school? Well then, this course can be taken up by middle school, high school as well as junior level college students. As the name says, it indeed builds up a foundation, starting from scratch and going deeper into the concepts – all over 109 lectures divided into 11 segments. You might have to sit with a scientific calculator and a graph paper for your convenience.
With Joe Huston, learning maths becomes interesting and interactive as he uses several methods that differ from the typical blackboard-to-notebook method. This genius from Florida, he has received several awards as a teacher.With 12 years of experience, he has the ability to make algebra easy and interesting from anyone.
- Brush-up your basic knowledge on real numbers and integers.
- Solve all kinds of linear equations, including graphical equations.
- Learn everything about exponents, polynomials, factoring, rational expressions ad radicals.
- After over 100 lectures, revise and polish everything you’ve learnt through assessments.
4. Fundamental Topics in Algebra Real Simple
Are you struggling for an entrance course to pursue maths in graduation? Well, it’s time you brush up your skills that you learnt in school. This course covers the major topics of algebra, sufficient enough for you to clear all your concepts. Not only will you merely help yourself clear your entrances, but will be prepared to go ahead with detailed algebra and maths in college.
Your teacher, Natalie Ayambem has designed the entire course in only 24 lectures over 6 segments. Currently, she teaches at West Chester University in Philadelphia, USA. For her class, you’ll need a notebook and pen to solve problems and will learn to apply the concepts of maths gradually in other things.
- Briefly brush-up your arithmetic skills before stepping into algebra.
- Discover the connection of algebraic expressions with real numbers.
- Learn to solve linear equations and inequalities.
- Understand the concept of polynomials and the application of exponents to solve them.
5. Advanced Algebra: Strategies for Success
Are you serious about pursuing mathematics for higher studies? If yes, this course is an excellent choice to dive deep into algebra. It will be better for you to take up this course only if your basics are clear. In this course, we move a step ahead into the real-world applications of algebra.
This course too is taken-up by Joe Huston, the double-masters degree holder from Florida. With his innovative techniques, he teaches a higher level of algebra in just 65 lectures divided into 8 major segments. Apart from your notebook for solving problems, you’ll need graph sheets and a scientific calculator too.
- Apply algebraic expressions on different sets of numbers.
- Learn multiple methods and practical applications of solving linear, rational, fractional and quadratic equations as well as inequalities.
- Work upon problems related to polynomials, functions and radicals.
- Absorb your skills with a thorough revision towards the end of the course.
6. Algebra II (Intermediate Algebra)
If you have taken-up Algebra I (the course given below on No. 7), this course will be easier for you. even if you haven’t some of your basics in algebra, arithmetic and geometry will be needed as you will be moving on to the second level of algebra here. You can polish your algebra only over a course of 16 lectures.
The course is presented by Math Fortress, a well-known academy for generating excellent quality worksheets. They have been giving online tutorials in algebra, geometry, precalculus and calculus. The best part about this course is, that they update it constantly. Since you have lifetime access to the course material, you can upgrade yourself anytime through this course.
- Clarify your concepts of real numbers within the first two classes.
- Study about linear and quadratic equations in depth.
- Solve greater problems on polynomials, exponents and radicals.
- Learn more applications of relations, functions, graphical functions and log tables.
7. Algebra I (Beginning Algebra)
Build your foundation on algebra in only 14 lectures. All you need to know is very basic mathematics. Any high school or college student can comfortably learn algebra in this course. It literally starts from scratch, on how variables, expressions and equations are formed in algebra. You may say that this course takes you to the grass root level of algebra, from where you start moving forward.
A series of videos by Math Fortress, this course has a sequel to it, which is mentioned above in point number 6 (Algebra II). The course is designed very well to help weak maths students understand algebra step by step. Keeping constant touch with their updates can be very useful for a student to enrich his or her mathematical skills.
- Introduce yourself to the concept of algebra.
- Take a sneak-peek into algebraic variables, symbols and expressions.
- Learn how to group symbols and forming them from words.
- Start solving problems by forming equations.
8. Perfect your Mathematical Skills
In the end, all segments of maths are interconnected – arithmetic, geometry, algebra and calculus. This integrated course has been designed to clear your concepts from scratch and give a solid boost to your skills. You could still be in middle school or you could be preparing for an entrance – the course is suitable if you belong to this range.
Conducted by Ruchi Chhabra, this course will make you a pro at mathematics in just 76 lectures. She is a post graduate in applied mathematics from Delhi University and has been teaching for more than 20 years now. While many of her students have scored above 90% in their exams, she also has some bright students scoring a 100%.
- Introduce yourself to the basics of mathematics – covering integers, indices, prime numbers, decimals, rational numbers and fractions.
- Polish your geometry skills through lines and angles, polygons and coordinate geometry.
- Dive into algebra through arithmetic and geometric progressions.
- Go into the depths of functions and the binomial theorem.
9. Algebra 1 – A Complete Course
Become a pro at algebra with this systematically designed course covering all aspects of algebra. High school and college students would be the most comfortable taking this up, even though it is designed to cater to students without any background in algebra too. You’ll be going through a series of 133 lectures that’ll cover 9 different topics.
Taha Berenjian, your maths tutor for this course has been teaching for more than 8 years now. As of now, every 12th grade student he has taught has got admission in a good university for graduation. In this course, he clarifies your concepts from scratch, making you capable enough for higher-level entrance examinations by the end.
- Gain a thorough understanding of equations and inequalities.
- Get started with the concepts of linear functions.
- Solve problems on exponents, radicals, sequences, polynomials and factoring.
- Move on to quadratic as well as exponential functions and equations.
10. College Algebra – First Midterm
Are you preparing for an entrance or are already in the first year of college pursuing mathematics? If you’re either one of those, this is an excellent little course for you. Learn college level algebra in only a series of 10 lectures. The course is very well designed for students, who are particularly clear with high school level algebra.
Your instructor here is a PhD in mathematics with an experience of more than 10 years in teaching. He has taught high school students, college students, university students and also helped other teachers out. You can freely reach out to this highly passionate and knowledgeable teacher to solve all your doubts and problems.
- Begin with solving 2 types of equations – rational as well as linear.
- Clear all your concepts on complex numbers.
- Step into the world of quadratic formulae and discriminants.
- Learn solving radical equations, substitutions and quadratic equations.
- List published 1/23/2020 with 10 products.